This Weekends finds from Otago

I dont go for the numbers - my son taught me that lesson - my new motto ‘If in doubt Dig em out’ With my Goldbug the blasted thing kept telling me lies and as for the Equinox well I am a relic from the days of Tiger Moths not fucking Boeing 737s! In fact I have more or less given my Equinox away in favour of the Gold Monster which tells me that pulls tabs are fucking huge gold nuggets and rings and things!
Maybe time to unearth my origin first detector - Garret Deepseeker. It WAS amazing in parks and things but a bit like carrying around a Morris 1000 at the end of a fucking broom handle. I found more with it than anything else. Also got an as new White 6000 which might be sold - the original battery is as good as gold (1970s vintage - I kid you not - still charges and works well with a long life before recharging)

Idle fingers fuck around on computers - time to do something constructive. Keep up the good work fellas - love seeing your finds - makes me jellyarse but I hate going to beaches and parks alone and no one to go with so ! stay at home meditating, cogitating, contemplating and…!

1 Like

Are you in Dunedin Lammerlaw? I’ve got my first detector on the way and I’m sure you would have some valuable info to share. We could go out one day … assuming I have no Dad duties to attend to. I’m guessing most of my hunts will be at night when the kidlets are asleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Better get me a good spotlight and warm jacket!

Yes I am - you can get in touch but Dunedin for me is well done over.

I imagined that might be the case :frowning:

You cleaned it out?! I will just give the parks a clean up then and get rid of the trash :stuck_out_tongue:

No not me but the other guys have long since hoovered Dunedin clean or near to it but there will be places to go/ I went to two spots recentlly, Whare Flat and Evansdale where I found heaps years ago and got nothing at all

1 Like

i still think dunedin will come up with something special,lost miner gold,horde of sovs. just needs finding…

1 Like

Well I do know where there is a hoard of gold coins and had in the past thought of getting detectorists to sign a legal agreement in the form of a contract should they be found. It is not a small amount - possibly NZ’s largest gold hoard.
Nope never been to look for it but I have have no doubt as to its existence.

2 Likes

Tell me where to look will go halves if I find it :smile:

I think there is probably a bit still in town belt got a few silver’s and pennies beside Otago boys high last time I was down.

1 Like

there was a gold coin that came out of the belt at the end of last year but you have to go into places that are hard to get at ive been in there on my hands and knees. its still out there you just have to spend the time! good luck!

1 Like

Here are the highlights of the last couple of hunts.
3 silver rings and a junker a few dollars in spendies, some old decimals, and a clad shilling
Must be due for another gold soon!?
Cheers and HH

6 Likes

some choice silver you got yourself there.Very nice finds

1 Like

Thanks X-terra - That big one really squealed even from way down deep!

Hi all
Here are the results from a hunt last weekend going over ground Ive already hammered pretty hard but I needed to get out for a coil fix!! There was $10 in spendies but I got a pie on the way home LOL

8 Likes

A couple of shillings and a pie not a bad day then.

Hi Cosmo
Yep one silver shilling and one not but the 1889 penny was probably find of the day for me as we don’t seem to get too many really old coins around here - at least I don’t

1 Like

Hi All
Went for a hunt today with the nox got a couple of nice finds including a 9ct ring - certainly been a while since the last one !! It came up as a 9/10 on the nox just shows you gotta dig em all
The braclet is 925 so all and all not a bad outing.
Cheers and HH

7 Likes

thats what you call a good days work,