This Weekends finds from Otago

You are a bloody legend Lammerlaw Thats it exactly
Love the photo of the original armoured car in the link
Thanks and HH

1 Like

Hi all Heres the results of todays hunt a lot of old decimals 8 pennies (oldest 1919 Aus) and 1 NZ halfpenny 3 shillings 2 sixpences (oldest English 1911) Looks like an India crest on it?? 1 silver ring and 1 copper ring and a mystery object - could be some kind of punch??
And the ring that was of indeterminate metal a couple of weeks ago turned out to 14k white gold - oldest daughters sharp eyes spotted the mark today when she was looking at the collection - awesome:grinning:
Happy hunting all.

5 Likes

not a 1080 pellet…………

Some great finds and congratulations on 14k ring.

Your mystery object is the barrel off a dart. image

Congrats on the the gold - Those whites can be sneaky, in the past I’ve had to retrieve a couple that had snuck into the silvers bag.

2 Likes

great score nice ring.

Thanks Mudwiggle makes perfect sense now it can go in the scrap box

A 1080 pallet? Surely not in clean green NZ???:roll_eyes:LOL

2 Likes

Nice, does white gold contain Platinum?
Those silvers are nice condition - you’ve a good location there!

Hi All
Haven’t been out much lately too many people everywhere but here are a couple of silver rings from a beach where the white gold band was found - stopped on the way home on a cold windy afternoon and had the place to myself
The homemade one is the ugliest ring I’ve ever seen!

4 Likes

Here are the results of an early morning hunt
$12.80 in spendies a British half penny an old Chinese coin and a few decimals
The rings are a junker and a tungstan carbide wedding band - which is a first for me
Cheers and HH

5 Likes

Hi All
Finally got the new Nox and taken it out for a couple of swings - it certainly likes those bloody 1 and 2 cent pieces from way down deep!
Got a bit of bling all 925 no Au yet though
Pandora necklace and silver Italian bracelet and a 925 ring
Most interesting find was the 1948 Otago anniversary coin - may have been gold plated?
Cheers and HH

6 Likes

Some good finds there mate love the Otago coin awesome.

Thanks Cosmo Its been good to get out and swing the coil again

1 Like

looks a very nice silver chain,you cannot beat the minelabs on chain…

Some good finds there. Your new detector looks like it will serve you well !!

Hi Roy
Yeah I was impressed and they were the first chains I have found so maybe the GB pro didn’t like them as much as the nox

Thanks X-terra It has started well just a pity it likes pull tabs as much as it does!!

the more pulltabs you dig the more chance of those gold rings,try the nox on some small rings or gold earings,it will be a low number cosmo did some tests with gold rings on is nox you will have to check but i think a 2g 18ct ring was down in single figures.

It was small 9k that come up 8/9 on vdi up to 18/19 for chunky 18k seen up to 30 for a 24k on YouTube (beach pirate). That one I found one Sunday rang up 16/17 like kiwi thrup or beaver tail. HH&GL.