Southland public site

Yes and I do not think you read my comment properly…nothing has changed. Nothing will. ALL of NZ can go to only 17 designated fossicking spots so going by your melodramatic gold rush that you envisage these places should be shoulder to shoulder pandemonium!
As I said back when a Miners Right was only five shillings gold suddenly went from $35 to $350 in the course of a few short years and going by your hysterical suggestion New Zealand should have been torn apart but there was not one ripple. At 42 you are merely a baby so you have no historical benchmark to be able to comment… I have, I was here and know what happened.

yes I can remember the 10 shilling permit . I first dipped a pan in the river in the mid 60s cant remember getting any thing .

So you think advertising the PGFA on social media won’t cause a significant increase in use… it’s 2018 social media is explosive. I wish you the best of luck and will be one of the first signed up

Indeed I think just that. The social media will make NO DIFFERENCE. Do you know why? It is because gold is hard to find and people with half a brain know that it is pointless following dreams rainbows and the fairyland express and just will not be bothered.
When gold escalated in price and there was suddenly an amazing new method if finding it, the new suction dredge concept there was a good deal of media attention in both the newspapers AND on the TV BUT there was hardly a ripple on the water. THAT would be what happens again. People aren’t dumb…well there are some who are…the Miners Right will NOT cause a stampede…there are only limited people interested in gold and should the Miners Right be reinstated there will be little affect. You might get all mooney eyed and greedy and rush off and if you do then you will also learn fast that it is not as easy as you think. I bet you will not renew your first ‘Miners Right’
You don’t work for Petroleum and Minerals’ by any chance do you? I might expect your sort of comments from a ‘plant’ a public propoganda puppet.

1 Like

You have to excuse Lammerlaw’s excited tone. He tastes his mercury to check purity.

From what I understand the best gold is concentrated in a small area in the south of that claim near a creek. They probably claimed a larger area because it didn’t cost too much more, and to stop others from trying for the gold that washes about when the tide is up.

But don’t trust my memory, read for yourselves:
http://www.paydirt.co.nz/forums/yaf_postst6032_beach-gold-won-from-gemstone-orepuki.aspx#post41736

1 Like

I never get excited over gold and in fact don’t bother nowdays as I travel about a bit, have other things to do, can’t be bothered by the CRIMINAL antics of a TREASONOUS government who have betrayed the people WHO OWN the country (you)and have a few health problems so got other hobbies…fishing, fishing, fishing… I suppose some bastard in Parliament one day will want to deny me that right on behalf of his puppet masters as well one day.

1 Like

I think the ones that where drawing the most attention where taking ute,s & trailers down at low tide and taking as much BS as they could to wash at home. pluss there,s only a couple of creeks along that stretch so sometimes there was the odd heated exchange of words when everyone was converging on the one little creek & wanting to use the water to run sluices .

1 Like

I see that the Orepuki Claim extends down to Monkey Island -

Now, considering Monkey Island has an extensive history surrounding it, my question is - Can one still metal detect the beach for relics from those who once worked & lived there?

I suppose the same applies to all claims - is it illegal for anyone to save our history left behind by our ancestors who once prospected these areas?

I know emotionally what would happen if a claim holder were to catch someone on their claim with a metal detector, however, what is the law when it comes to people who want to save our history - i.e. find old Chinese relics etc?

Cheers

You should be fine. The gold is fine and metal detector is unlikely to find it.
If you show anyone that asks what you’ve found, I bet they won’t have a problem.

Well if you go down there looking for the relics from the past make sure that you take a good woman then when you are approached by any one being inquisitive just tell them that you are monkeying around!
I am also quite sure that you will know that if the relics are over a certain age then they are ‘protected’ by law as it is illegal to dig for anything over a certain age - in a country full of half witted dopes who make the law this means that instead of recovering, caring for, restoring and protecting these items they must be left in the ground to;- 1) get washed out by floods and lost forever, 2) excavated by a ditch digger putting in a pipeline and broken and thus lost forever, 3( Rust away to nothing and thus be lost forever, 4) covered up by a new rubbish tip and be lost forever or 5) be covered up by the construction of a new psychiatric establishment for politicians and employees of various government departments who seem to suffer a variety of quaint problems not the least of which is the allusion that they are reincarnations of Hitler, Stalin, Himmler and Irma Grese.
Back to being serious though - NO you cant pillage for artifacts of our ancestors if those artifacts are over a certain age.

5 Likes

Thanks GP & LL

Yes I do know how anal the bureaucrats are -

anything pre 1900 if I am not mistaken -

NOT worried about the pencil pushers more concerned in regards to claim holders - they are usually the ones who want to go around punching those who are on their claims - just trying to see where one stands in regards to detecting land with gold claims on them -

Also, I don’t have a problem with being sat on my backside either - as you tend to remember these lessons for quite some time lol -

Anyways

Thanks again Guys

Hey, I am not a prude (or homosexual), but the moderator needs to set limits to language.

$300 or $350? Best to keep the story the same oldtimer. Its a great idea you have & I hope it works.

Thanks for clarifying that your not homosexual …good to know man …not that many of us really care what you do behind closed doors!

You might want to look at the definition of prude man …you might find that with your comment there is a moderate to high probability you may come across as prudish.

Last time I looked this was a hobbyist gold miners forum not the primary school teachers union…except that just like them, we don’t care if your a homosexual or not either

3 Likes

just as well you are not a homo. wouldn’t want to be bending over panning in the creek with a gay person standing behind me. might drop the pan.

3 Likes

Well that brings up the question - if a man and woman have sex the woman will in all likelihood give birth to a bonney wee baby but do homosexuals give birth to little shits?

8 Likes

something to ponder Lammerlaw, … something to ponder -

one may also ask this question - if a straight-guy is turned on by the smell of a woman’s aroma,
…is a homosexual turned on when someone farts in a room?

2 Likes

Here’s one for you then:

Q- Whats white and slides down public toilet cubicles?

A - George Michael’s latest release

2 Likes

Look what you’ve created @K8Henderson, you’ve lowered the tone with your censorship suggestion after a little healthy banter and now our website has gone to the dogs…

1 Like