SoilSurfers Stuff

It’s only got 3 wheels so must be a Robyn Reliant or possibly Citreon haha only kidding it’s an Austin Mrk2 Radio truck, sweet ride!

5 Likes

Worth stripping the paint - repainting and monstering a more modern toy with the same wheels to give it new wheels/tyres!

1 Like

Yeah I was also thinking of dropping a 350 in it but might as well go BB! woop woop!

Note values - with care and attention that could be restored to a good $30 worth or even if you know what your doing a lot more. As a collector I used to restore a lot of items and its amazing what canbe done - thats the good news - now the bad news is that nowdays I cant be bothered and tend to use things for target practice!

I like it though and to me it would present a fun challenge.

Joking aside yes your quite right it would be fun to bring the old girl back & I’d probably learn a thing or two along the way.

It does give you a sense of satisfaction - whiles away a winters evening - and seriously you could get it to near new. Nice find though. Love your silvers as well - in fact I am jellyarse but not going to admit that!

1 Like

Managed to tease a couple silver’s from the earth tonight but seemed more of a bronze/copper nite. Did find my biggest pull tab ever! It’s a monster!! Not sure what the ball with the threaded hole would have screwed on to? And a trusty spoon, never found a silver one maybe one day.

Keep at it fellow treasure seekers

5 Likes

Plenty of copper there and a nice spill keep it up hh

Nice work there love the mix spill awesome :+1:

Most excellent Soilsurfer, a beauty mixed bag.

Wee piccy of the best of my last 5 or so hunts, stoked to get my first snake buckle!

Forgot about this, think it’s a cane tip?

8 Likes

Florins, shiilings and sixpences and thruppences, oh my…! And only 5 hunts. I’m lucky if I pull that in 5 months.

Feel free to PM the GPS coordinates if it’s getting too easy for you :wink:

Cheers MW, no secret just the usual spots.

Nice going SoilSurfer. Well done.

That’s an awesome haul! Well done

That’s some nice big silver’s there well done…yes the usual spots remind me again.lol

Like the silvers and love the snake buckle - I still use two original snake buckle belts to hold up my jeans when I am not wearing my Gott Mit Uns Swastika Nazi Belt buckle to impress the German tourists.

It’s been on my list for ages! Do you know how old it would be?

Do you mean the snake belt - they were used in their subtely different forms up to and partially including WWI but never went out of use entirely until the 1930s - The first ones were Introduced in the British Army in 1882 and the belt itself was white, buff leather but in August 1885 they were manufactured in brown leather. They were all leather except one pattern of Cadet snake belt which was made of Khaki Webbing.

If you get a complete belt then let me know and show me photos and I can possibly tell you more.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for that. My little bit of research shows they are found in quite a few country’s (not just commenweath) with different snakes even swans/dolphins? Wish the other end had been there.