SoilSurfers Stuff

Love the tarnish, it has some nice detail hardly worn.

Here’s a close up pic for ya GP…got a few bumps & bruises

3 Likes

I was refering to the penny - but that old silver is a beauty too!

Whoops! I’ll put a pic of that up tomorrow and also one of my best condition pennys.

Recommend soaking that diseased penny in a sodium bicarbonate solution for a few weeks , even a couple of months to kill the acids, then rinsing and sealing. Be a shame to watch a nice piece like that gradually get eaten.

2 Likes

Ok there’s the correct close up! Plus one of my favourite coins…obviously not dug out of the ground. Thanks for the tip MW will def get it soaking.

2 Likes

Finally got out for a hunt today after far to long!! That thing called life keeps getting in the way!!! So had an awesome day with some really cool finds…7 silvers including a really worn 1872 shilling, a cool old chevy car? badge, an ally religious pendant but best of all was the silver locket with hand written note which says…
To Hese (I think) from Lyd June 1894…so cool!!

7 Likes

Jazus - That locket would be my find of the year! Dated, Personalised…and looks gold plated silver. Doesn’t get better.

Well done man.

Went back to the locket site today for a couple hours, didn’t do too well this time but still walked away with some silver, the sterling shilling is pretty sweet and you don’t find too many farthings think it’s my third or fourth, finished the day with some Jewel encrusted bling whoop!

3 Likes

Bling is copper & glass? Any ideas.
The farthing is a real beaut.

Yeah that sounds about right…my attempts to impress the wife with it went totally unnoticed lol

1 Like

Bit of age with those coins, vry nice.

That 1899 shilling is awesome

Yes I know I haven’t posted many finds lately, that’s cos I haven’t been out a lot in the last few months but tonight I got off the couch & did a night mish at my favourite spot.

Found some treasure & a big silver yippee!

3 Likes

That’s some nice silver’s you got there jealous as lol. I like the 1889 3d very nice love those 1800’s coins. Well done :+1:

1 Like

Two nights in a row! Man I must be getting my mojo back lol. Didn’t do as well tonight and I started earlier but who’s complaining it was a great nite for it & heaps of fun!

Keep at it fellow treasure seekers.

6 Likes

18 silver’s in 2 day’s I would be beaming :star_struck: well done heck of a "favourite spot " you’ve got there.

1 Like

Cheers Cosmo, I was trying real hard for a couple more to make 20, but not to be.

1 Like

Loot all scrubbed up

9 Likes

Got out for a walk in the park tonight & stumbled upon some trash and a lil bit of treasure. I especially like the truck, I’ll put a cleaned up pic of it later.

Even did a action shot which I should do more of.

Good luck out there fellow treasure seekers!

4 Likes