would love to bring my gold bug up there and look gold in the bedrock

good luck guys

bought the fine gold plate from dredgeNZ

1 Like

leave your cell will txt you

if you still got that 2 inch txt me your cell

Give me a txt or call any time

Iā€™d love to have a swing with my gold bug one day

I hope you guys strike it rich up thereā€¦!!

027 934 6802

Thanks Dave

1 Like

txt me anytime 021535768

1 Like

Hi, Keith, howā€™s that 4" been going over the break?

1 Like

hi steveā€¦ if I can get the pump pumping I would say it will work wonders but it just wont pump its meant to have 6m lift, 330 l/min , head of 42m, psi of 160. running on a 6.5 hp motor.

here is a photo of the pump at full speed. its not sucking air into the intake and the water was gravity feeding to the pump so it wasnā€™t over working sucking.
any help here guys

1 Like

hi keith. I would say if you are absolutely certain their are no suction leaks then its impellor related. and assuming there is nothing stuck in the actual pump like leaves or a stick. if its new and never used it could be an assembly fault. drive key missing from shaft or broken. impellor clearance wrong. could even be the mechanical seal is stuck or broken and sucking air in from the back of the pump. there are quite a few ifs and buts

2 Likes

had the pump apart it all seams ok nothing in there as I havenā€™t used it in the creek yet. like you say it must be some thing wrong with the internals.

1 Like

did you check the mechanical seal. if its been sitting in the shop or at your place for a while the carbon or ceramic can stick together and when you start motor they crack. possibly be hard to tell unless you actually take impellor off and check it. do you know anything about impellor clearances

1 Like

The goldmonster is a beast! Have found plenty of small flakes with it, just havenā€™t been able to uplode any photos yet, my phone wonā€™t let me for some silly resaonā€¦

Cheers!

2 Likes

hi nafcd. since its new its most likely going back for them to get it going. when you buy some thing that says 330l/min well in my book it means that.

1 Like

ah. so it is brand new. wise move to take it back then. let them sort it.

2 Likes

I agree when I ran my MONSTER it pinged heavy on magnetite and then flicked back the otherway to 3 gold bars.Found a nice spot for future referance

hope it works keith best of luck

tried allsorts today shorten intake hose. new foot valve (easy to prime) camlocks on all joints to eliminate air intake, tape all joints bloody hell nothing working looks like Iā€™m going to go to a keene p180 pump always said they were the best

1 Like

you need a donkey or mule

1 Like

airlock?..

Hi Keith,have you tried using one of the smaller discharge ports?..I ask because those alloy cam locks are quite small in the bore and if the suction side is 50 mm and the discharge side is 50mm then the pump is scavengingā€¦ie there should be more water available than the pump can push ,thats why a Keene 180 has a 63mm suction side and a 50mm discharge sideā€¦if you have good pressure using one of the small outlets that could be your problem

2 Likes