September 9-18 mystery coin comp

Boom first on the board :yum: easy as.
Bit of serious erosion in that second shot.

Couldn’t find a 10c anywhere 1916 ausie sixpence and a bonus ring

1 Like

Hi all ,well that’s me on the board, 2009 10 cent piece,fresh dug at the park this morning.

2 Likes

First time digging in parks today instead of the beach… Here are my finds (and junk). Along with two entries. This is my first photo post so hopefully it works. Update… The dates on the coins are 1988 and 2000

• List item
3 Likes

Nice one, how did you like the park hunting?

Detected at new beach for an hour, pulled this out near the end, my euphoria turned to sadness when I noticed it was modern. Didn’t think the modern coins were in. :laughing:

Good job, I knew you would be out today going hard :blush: For sure she is a legit entry anything from 1967 to 2016

[quote=“Iggy, post:48, topic:790”]
anything from 1967 to 2116 [/quote]
I know you meant 2016 :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the typo alert :+1:
Gee a hundred years from now and those 10c’s will be quite a find

A 2011 entry for the GBPro from a Chch park late Sunday/ early Monday. After the first $2 coin finally showed up, bothered digging a wobbly signal 20c coin. Filled in the wee hole and gave it a wave goodbye only to have to redig it for a welcome 2nd $2 coin. Lo and behold it didn’t want to say goodbye again and redug it for a quieter $1. Miffed. All being hidden by the 20c. Got my third USA 1c, and couple of darned kiwi 2c pieces. Couple 303? shells doing a bad imitation of sovereigns.
Now how come I aint getting silvers? Where do they read on the Pro… the 50% silver half crown is 83 but what about the rest. I hope I’m not setting the filter too high. Same goes for the gold rings I’m missing… I see very few 50c too, they read all over the place.

1 Like

hi 5dollarcoin,i know most of the silvers I find with my machine being minelab x30 mainly come in as high tones,and the meter shows in the low to mid thirties on my machine.typically 20 and 50 cent coins read up as medium tones,16 up to 28 on the meter.any mixed coins in the hole tend to give a choppy signal as the detector is picking up two types of metal,still medium to high tones.when I hear this I dig.experience after a while and digging everything will teach you to recognize these tones,keep at it,and dig anything that sounds good,hope that helps.

1 Like

Fellow CTXer Ian txted me this morning was I keen on a hunt. Hmm mow the lawns or metal detect? I made the only rational choice. After after one park that didn’t deliver. We decided to check if the 3pence spot was finally hunted out. I got 3 silver 3d, a silver shilling, a silver charm bracelet and a 1919 Australia penny.
And a 2002 10c for the paydirt mystery con competition.
Great afternoon
Sorry for the bad photos my phone is damaged.

2 Likes

Nice wee silver streak, well done… Added bonus, one for the board :smiley:

@Westiedigger is your phone filled with water? :laughing: :joy:

Nah, just sexy-time soft focus with his detecting finds :wink:

1 Like

Cool silver finds there westie,and comp coin to boot,well done.

I enjoyed the park hunt, didn’t know lawn bowl club members could get s upset about a person digging a clean plug on the bowli green! (Jokes)

3 Likes

Two more 10 cent coins for the competition,2006 and 2007,from my park hunt.

2 Likes

Reminder only a day and a bit left to get your mystery coin entries in :wink:
Watch this space for tomorrow nights winner.

Hello all, a big thank you to all who took part in the mystery coin competition, and I hope you all had some fun looking for the elusive coin and found a few goodies along the way :yum:

Right the results!
This is what you were all searching for.

The winning entry goes to @Amerikiwi with a 1988 coin. Congratulations Amerikiwi, if you can PM me where you want me to send your prize I will get it in the post. Good work indeed, it can be tricky looking for something specific like that. When you get a chance @gavin could you please set up the trophy-thanks.

Ohh the prize…

I also have a little prize I would like to send to @Mudwiggle for being a good sport :+1: (It’s nothing to fab but I know you won’t have one…I hope)

Bye for now :blush:

4 Likes