Salty Detectorists Weather Report

Getting strong winds in ngunguru big halo around moon and Sun today be interesting to see what it comes to been through a few nasty ones when they follow that track

Between the dark looming clouds, higher up were these stationary streaky clouds.
The pine tops were being bent over like a balerina, and the winds were not strong at this time just before dusk. Ngunguru area.
streaky

Are you up this way?

Just a moderate blow and a bit of rain up here so far,

Yes, I’m near by. Lots of rain now.

If you want to take the xcal for a hunt your more than welcome

1 Like

I’m pretty busy, got lots of projects that need to be completed. Thanks for the offer, though.

Another prospective beast on the way, likely for the Westies.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/102241582/queensland-braces-for-massive-waves-from-cyclone-linda

Sorry for being a little late on this one. As most of you will already know there is quite a storm coming over the country, wind and snow for some parts. Now that it is hitting Northland we have a lot of wind and rain. Get your equipment ready for the sand cuts!

http://www.metservice.com/publicData/rainForecast3DayImage?time=20180410-0300-00.000&analysis=20180409-1200-00.000&qualifier=rain3DayForecastNZ-WRF-8KM-UKMO0

Lasted an hour out here gutted had to go back to work

Got a massive dump of 1.5mm out todays effort. The sound n light show was spectacular as it went past though, I was working on one of the high points in the district, the ute was getting bumped quite nicely by the gusts.

Wind’s all wrong for most of the East coast up this way.

It’s getting a little wild again today, but perhaps just stormy.
Oh well, it might move something.

Tidal coefficients back up again this weekend = Stronger currents.
And good low tides middle of next week

Well its been quite wet up northland with rain recently, I’ve one human habitat location that has been eroded to visit soon.

But for the Auckland / Coromandel people a storm is coming in, they’re unsure where exactly it will hit, so keep yah eyes peeled.

Mercury Bay anyone?

2 Likes

Well the tussock grass didn’t stop the sea, plan B?

They apparently went for a ‘soft’ erosion control as “no private property or infrastructure” is (currently) threatened. Bit like the soft works at Sandy Bay up north that got absolutely EATEN by a storm shortly afterwards.

Apparently Sandy bay was an experiment but only cost us 70k it’s back to how it was before they started

Thats the place I was wanting to visit.

Sandy bay this morning the rocks in the middle normally covered
I had a quick hunt and pulled a few coins I think someone bet me to it

4 Likes