Mudwiggling through 2016 (part 2)

Killed a couple of spare hours ‘Wading’ while briefly visiting the Hibiscus Coast.
Sinkers…sinkers…sinkers…Left around a half dozen 1kg ‘cairns’ of sinkers on the rocks along the patch I was working, just too many to lug around :roll_eyes: and only bagged the interesting stuff.
Find of the day was another sinker for the oddball collection, and my first valve cap. Runner up was a very crusty 193-something sixpence

Anyone around Hatfields, the claybase is right at the surface at the north end…Picked up a kiddy bling ear stud, ring and a 925 toe ring, but tide was well in and wellie integrity was close to being breached.

Would have liked something a tad older, even in glass or ceramic but thats the way the clod crumbles when hunting.

4 Likes

Hardcase sinker alright bugger about the tide Hadfields should hold a bit of history but would say it’s seen more coils than my river😖

I admit I was surprised to lift the two rings and the stud - obviously that patch hasn’t been up for air for a while.

Sinker is looking like it was cast in a 1940’s-ish anointing spoon. Salamond in Birmingham did a whole range of Kiwiana spoons in sterling.

Makes it even more special.

It’s going to join the mussel shell, egg carton and Johnny Walker cast leads in the cabinet.

2 Likes