Mudwiggling through 2016 (part 2)

Now you have me thinking - maybe a group metal detecting trip to Hong Kong would be in order…on second thoughts do they have any beaches?

It’s under there…somewhere

3 Likes

Wellll - midnight monsoon season forays to the beach - Look at all those people - cant you just smell and see those lost rings!

Can smell something…

1 Like

Bastards who litter the planet - no wonder the worlds going to the dogs…or rats! Every person who leaves one item of litter should have their faces rubbed in dog shit then five years in prison. Yep I AM a conservationsist but NOT a 1080ist. That is so frightful. That wont be a bathing beach though but rather a beach where the currents have depositted the crap. Definitely Asia - I see two face masks!

Bloody awesome mate that Asian gold sure has it own colour every time I walk into our local shop I think go for a swim guys😎 came close to coming up there this morning but when I went to wake the young fella up got the $#@& from the missus

That’s some nice finds mudwiggle, 24k yer buddy that’s the one. Keep up the good work love seeing those gold rings. HH & GL

going on what i have seen on fairly busy swimming beaches in oz i recon 30 golg rings lost per year on a single beach.that pic with a packed beach i recon 30 per day ive starting to drool…

I always say every beach has at least one ring - So far even pebbly or muddy little grots have generally given the goods.

If it wasn’t for the favela gangs, the beaches at Rio would be the one to visit!

1 Like

Also many beautiful beaches are contaminated by toxic waste in Brazil, there are also lots of needles from drug users :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m happy with the Kiwi strand where the biggest hazard is the occasional dog log.

1 Like

Used the paddlebag Excal transporter this morning - worked very well, thrashing through the cutty grass and general tangly foliage to my target bay.
Was obvious that it has a) never seen the pull-tab brigade, and, b) had very little pressure from swingers.
Not a single fleck of spacejunk and everytime the phones tooted it was worth a dig.
2 Hours later I was laden down so started the climb back out.

The monkey lumps got hit with a few mega-Amps for about an hour in the cleaning bath to get things moving.
Top row, from left: Hand forged nail, cold chisel, Wee decorative brass hinge, chunk of cast iron stove plate and a makers badge - probably off said stove which dates mid 1800’s.
The following are all works in progress
The buckle looks to be somewhat higher quality than usual finds - distinctive shape will hopefully lead to an ID.

And then there’s this chap, slightly larger than the standard pennies.
An hour on a few milliamps brought the hairstyle out which ties it to George IV (1826 penny) Had me confused at first as I was trying to pull the date out from under Britannia - Until I found out it was on the other side.
Thoroughly rotted out unfortunately, but will put it through the full process as it’s my first George IV.
There’s another 24mm dia coin, found about the same depth which is beyond recovery - few letter shapes on the rim, but nothing legible. I suspect it may be about the same vintage.

Other bits included a couple of small cal muskies, what ‘could’ be part of the tip off a scabbard, and a wotsit.
Thin copper half shell with a piece folded in and riveted through - Hopefully someone will recognise it??

4 Likes

Good finds, decent haul of lead.
I carry several bread bags in my pocket, if I become over burdened I off load junk & sinkers into it then hide, retrieving on my return trip.

1 Like

Quick slurp through the mud this afternoon, fairly uneventful, quite a few decimals old and new but not much else.

Find of the day was a WW2 “Tommy” petrol lighter, sadly electrolysis had its way with the striker, so decorative only. Coupled with another muskie makes a neat 90 year link between the two conflicts.

Charging batteries now as I wait for the easterly…

5 Likes

Out into the storm (once the rain had started to ease). No sand movement - again! :confounded: Although the stormwater had made impressive inroads into the beach.

Spent 2 hours until dark working up and down two of them nipping from one to the other as they chewed their way along the beach

Was really hoping for a gold, but happy with 2 silver rings (Only one of the coins was a silver :frowning: which was disappointing ) but cleaned up on the goldies covering the gas for the last two hunts. Win!

These will just be a shallow depression in the beach come daylight tomorrow.

7 Likes

Snooze and lose. One tide later…

4 Likes

Far out - it just goes to prove that you have to time it just right and a lot also depends on luck. Interesting comparison pictures.

Learnt my lesson a few years ago - Found a cut that was spewing rings…but being the conscientious type, left it to go to work.
Went back that evening, gone and buried. Still waiting…

Havent you ever heard of ‘sick day entitlement’ - if you are not sick once every quarter then you take a mandatory sick day off. These R & R days can be justified as being beneficial for your psychological well being and should be included in the mental health act of 2018!

1 Like

Oh, you can be sure I’ll be invoking that one next time! :sunglasses: