How much would you pay to use a group claim?

Yep no worries,having a bit more of a think about it I think you could get away with a standardized form that everyone could scan,sign and email back(punters could take a printed hard copy with them on site to prove there allowed access) Most of the same hazards would apply to multiple claims so one form that covers it all regardless of what method of mining or which site,must be easier being recreational mining and not commercial as there are no employees as such you would think.We actually engaged a safety auditor(cost $2500 approx) who looked everything over for us and helped us submit our safety plan with Worksafe NZ who I would have to say were really good and pro active.
Yes feel free to contact me Gav,I’m certainly prepared to help out on the H and S side as part of my contribution for sure.
These things can have a tendency to get unnecessarily complex so really pays to keep things simple so’s not to create too much work aye!!Mal

2 Likes

Just a quick thank you to everyone who took the survey - it’s very much appreciated. I’ll probably put a mk II version out in a few weeks time to try and lock in a bit more detail for a potential plan, seeing what the majority would be happy with.

Some great feedback comments left on both the survey and here on the forum.

just bumping to keep it alive and read

I’ve been on holiday in Tonga for a week. Will hopefully get the refined survey up this week.

1 Like

Please tell me it wasn’t a romantic holiday, you did some detecting right???

2 Likes

I might be old but that is one fantastic mine shaft complete with ‘nuggets’ - I want to come as baggage boy next time if the detecting is that good.

2 Likes

might be pyrite I think. don’t look like real nuggets

1 Like

looks like a gold digger

1 Like

nafcd and kiwikeith - if they arent real nuggets and shes a gold digger than maybe the nuggets are sillycon!

1 Like

6 Likes

any more happening with the group claim

Had a bit of a busy year so had put the idea on hold. Only managed to get out dredging for one weekend myself this summer. Hopefully time will allow next year.

The red tape is what has been putting me off a bit as want to limit my liability. Just need to make some inquiries but had a lot more urgent stuff on my plate this year. Seems to be a fair few people providing access to their claims for a fee though, so there’s already options out there.

hi Gav, im keen reckon a new 49ers is a brill idea, and I just happen to know a bloke with 3 public acsess points to his claim

1 Like

Just seen this thread and I agree its an awesome idea - I’d be keen:+1:

@webby1 Roll with it mate :wink:

yes , have been talking to prich awhile back, we all in the busy boat, just need get some time and sit down get some ideas happening

1 Like

Hey peeps I leased some ground on a claim near Alexandra from a bloke on the forums. Paid 2k for a year and got to keep all the gold. Had to pay a bond which I got back. Some good gold and paid for itself pretty quickly. Message me and ill put you in touch.
cheers
Rosie

2 Likes