Paydirt Home Locations Permit Map Equipment Permit Services Gold Price Old Forum Archive

Homemade Sluice

I saw one with a flare in it some time ago and was suitably impressed but interestingly enough I never ever saw a flare on any historic sluice boxes or in any old photos so its a new consideration…personally I like it.

For those interested, here is the mostly finished Sluice. Folded out the front to give it a flare. After scouting around several chch scrapyards i couldnt find any expanded metal mesh so bought some from Dredgenz. It has deep V rubber matting underneath.
Still have to add a handle and big riffles at some point but they can wait for a bit.
May get to try it out at moonlight this sunday, fingers crossed

Great looking set up…good luck at Moonlight!!

Looks good, you not worried about having a riffel or two in There

Looks a really good job…may you find lots of gold with it and enjoy many happy hours in the great outdoors.

Didnt get out the other week as was far too tired after the tramp.
However, sluice is finished now and have another weekend to tramp (lewis tops) and hit Slab hut and Moonlight.
Added the riffles (weird shape but should work (only size that bunnings had)) so now is complete.

Looks like it will perform well

Despiute the riffle shape I agree with Gavzilla and think it will work well - a job well done.