Goldenboy's Nuggets & Flakes

I am sure that if you want to know the weight a call to a jeweller in Queenstown would solve the problem or to Justin Eden at the Gold shop in Arrowtown. My guess is 4.5 grams to 5 grams.

1 Like

Yes good call Lammerlaw ,Justin would surely lend you some scales,and be a good man to talk to for some intell too,
Come on Lammerlaw which is it 4.5 or 5 grams …talk about cover your bases…lol

1 Like

I guess 4.3 grams.
You can get pocket scales for about $7

1 Like

Guys we’ve got a result… Not as heavy as I was expecting, but 2,9g is still not bad :yum:

3 Likes

Hey man that’s great, we would be celebrating hard out if one of us had made that discovery. :sweden:

1 Like

So your guess of 3 grams was nearly bang on. Well done HH

1 Like

Haha yeah, I’ve got a feeling for this :joy:

Cripey I have been cheated in my guestimate - his paw is obviously one of those dainty and delicate ones! OR the nugget is thinner than I thought it was…still a great nugget and not everyone finds them that big.

Hope you dont mind me posting this Goldenboy but i saw the Minelab site has publushed your nugget find.

www.minelab.com/go-minelabbing/success-stories/the-nugget-of-my-dreams

3 Likes

Hell, you are famous all round the world now Elias.

Well done.

1 Like

Dainty and delicate? Pfft, manly and strong you mean… :muscle:t2::joy:

1 Like

Haha I sure am :joy::ok_hand:t2: Thanks

Yes I can see that - the beard, grizzled tanned leathery skin, the tough look - hell even I am scared shitless.

4 Likes

Goldenboy has shown us here on Paydirt the effectiveness of his detector, the Minelab Gold Monster’
I have seen one of these in action and simply could not believe my eyes…it will pick up the smallest pieces of gold, little more than colour, with a loud positive signal and is far superior to any other detector I have seen. It beats the Goldbug hollow but at the same time I would still buy another Goldbug tomorrow…in fact I now want one of each.

5 Likes

The Gold Monster is indeed an outstanding detector! God (if Christian) gave you two arms, one for each detector :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes the GM 1000 is a great bedrock detector.

pinging tiny gold the bigger boys miss

Got a total of four tiny bits before using the GPZ in deeper ground

The depth the GPZ gets, even on small gold is staggering.

Got a total of 17 with the Zed for 3.45 grams

So between the GM 1000 & the mighty Zed, not much gold is left behind.

Good luck out there Goldenboy

JW :slight_smile:

4 Likes

where theres gorse theres gold

Don’t leave us in suspense goldenboy!!

All that lovely gold well done Goldenboy thats awesome - I might have to stop chasing coins and use the goldbug to chase nuggets instead - trouble is that waters bloody cold this time of year:tired_face:

That’s the beauty of detecting. You don’t need to be anywhere near water. But you are right. It was damn cold today. This was at 2pm this afternoon detecting. Still a hard frost & frozen ground.

But it was worth it. Some pretty tiny gold finds.

20 pieces all up for .61 of a gram.

The Gold monster 1000 was on fire.

JW :slight_smile:

4 Likes