Goldenboy's Nuggets & Flakes

It can certainly get hold of you that disease :joy::joy: and it just doesn’t go away even when you can’t do it lol

1 Like

you’ll be able to afford a gold plated one now lol

Hold on a second , gold plated what?? Hahaha :joy:

crowbar of course lol

1 Like

Ahahahahahahahaha :joy: Yeah, or at least a hammer… Just lost mine as I fell into a shrubbery… :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

Been detecting around Arrowtown the whole day. Only found a few shotgun pellets :roll_eyes: Somehow I manage to loose both my hammer and plastic scoop as I was literally fighting my way through the gorse bushes. Every freaking bush/tree have thorns! The only trees that don’t, in fact they’re quite soft, are the firs. But for some reason they’re all being chopped down? Why the nice and soft firs and not the bloody gorse??? :sweat_smile:

The view was nice though :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ha, welcome to the ridiculous doc management plan where they destroy all the easy stuff to make it look like they’re doing good and leave the hard stuff like briar, broom, and gorse.Stupid as it’s all dictated from some kids office in Wellington who’s never stepped foot on a piece of our tax paid land.
You should see what happened to Skippers … Even the historic trees around the homestead were poisoned. A sad shame of our “clean green nz”… Congrats on your finds!!

3 Likes

Welcome to gold prospecting in NZ…one minute your bush bashing your way through gorse and bush lawyer …and the next you’ve got nugget between your teeth.:tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a shame! Sniff… sniff… I can smell double standards. (I’m from Sweden, so I know everything about double standards…) :sweat_smile:

Thanks! :innocent:

3 Likes

It’s the contrasts that make gold hunting here so charming… even though I could happily be without the gorse and the bush lawyer (and everything else with thorns) lol :rofl:

1 Like

I would assume that the trees are being cut down by a criminally insane bunch of highly educated text book experts who have not gor a single brain between them but who collectively are known as the ‘Department of Constipation’ or DoC for short.
The low life dimwits have poisoned all the attractive Firs and Cedars or what ever they were at Skippers and Roaring Meg and made those places look bleak and horrible and now I guess they are cutting the ones that you are referred to…I dontknow what tourists think when they see the ugly landscape of dead timber.
What they are trying to do is stop wildings growing in the mistaken thought that all exotic trees will be eradicated and only native species remain.
Keep your eyes open for green pellets to - these are 1080 - DoC sprinkle them like confetti to kill rats, Possums, Stoats etc and also with the hidden agenda (the bastards) of killing deer and pigs etc.

3 Likes

Sweden? Does that mean that your a Swede - my wife plants them in the garden! The best thing that ever came out of Sweden was Husqvarna Mauser rifles! To be honest I have always wanted to go to Norway and Sweden as I am descended from a fairly arstocratic family over that way.
There are a lot of contrasts in New Zealand but the gold and also rock hunting can be really enjoyable - so much to find and discover.
If you find much more gold and enjoy yuorself much more then you might decide to stay permanently and become a K1W1

1 Like

It makes me so sad… Think the poisoning is the worst part, some really nasty shit they’re using :sleepy:

2 Likes

Haha we had this discussion about one year ago when I wrote my first post here on Paydirt. You told me I was going to be peeled and boiled… and then eaten. That’s apparently what you do to “Swedes” around here :rofl: I love New Zealand and the bush. Wish I had grown up here :heart:

2 Likes

Does anyone here recognize this ring? Was found on the very same day as the big nugget, however I kind of forgot about it.
Pretty sure it was worn by a gold hunter, considering where I found it… :wink: Don’t think any tourist would’ve climbed all the way up there for no reason :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey GB did you get the weight of your large nuggie yet?

Hi

Unfortunately not, don’t have a scale. Think I might have to invest in one though, now when I’m doing so well :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’ll be thru q town on Saturday if you wanna throw it on my scales. Pretty sure you beat me this time on the big nugget find. Had to change my number so let me known here if your gonna be around sat eve and I’ll meet ya on my way thru.

1 Like

GoldStamp! Glad to hear from you again :blush: How’re you doing? Texted you some weeks ago, but never heard anything, guess that would explain why… :sweat_smile:

I’m in Arrowtown atm, don’t know for how long though. Might go to Alexandra this weekend. Will let you know! :innocent:

Sweet as mate. Probs gonna spend the night in Cromwell so if ya need a scale don’t head to Alex yet.

1 Like