Golden Bay Adventure

Hi All,happy new year to you all,took the family to Golden Bay over the new year and managed to try a couple of places in and around the Aorere River Rec area.Looks like this area had some big rains in late Nov/early Dec so found some nice flood gravels that hadn’t been done over yet,beautiful area…spotted pig,deer,wild goat,lots of native birds including a couple of Blue Ducks.Only fine flood gold first two days but covered some great country and finally last day checked out a lead that one of our paydirt community regulars gave me(thanks mate!)
Cleaned out a dip in the bedrock below a waterfall and got bit,enough to bring a smile to my severly sandfly bitten face…lol!..result…cheers Mal

10 Likes

I’m pleased to see you had some luck . nice areas…love the look of the waterfall, photos to prove where you have been .
I wonder whats at the bottom of that pool under the waterfall? maybe just full of eels…big ones …bloody big ones…bloody big ones with big teeth

3 Likes

Oh yeah…hundred year old eels just waiting for some unsuspecting gold miner to fall in between gold rushes…lol

1 Like

Yes Know that fiver well and yes those eels are ginormous

Be great if you could strap a GPS and small metal detector on one and see what’s down the bottom of those deep holes…lol