Gold detected in the middle of Christchurch

Found this quartz rock with 4.1g of gold in it in a park in the middle of town. Had a full gold sovereign with it.

7 Likes

Hey Chrispy, Its Finding Fun from youtube! Thats a killer rock… and I am still shocked about your coin!

1 Like

So, out of interest, did you find the rock before or after the Sov ?
(And welcome back by the way, you’ve been quiet of late)

MW

1 Like

Yea been busy starting a YouTube channel lol. Found the sov first. Then checked the plug and got another signal next to it.

Me too. Shocked and still buzzing lol.

1 Like

I’m more shocked at the specimen gold in the park… and to think I’ve been spending all this time needlessly bush bashing!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thats awesome chrispy well done.:+1: :smiley:

1 Like

@gavin If you can find thruppences in a sluice out beyond the Black Stump, why not nuggets in suburbia? Just nature balancing things out :laughing:

2 Likes

We might as well go dig the park.ive always wondered about gold in christchurch

1 Like

Interesting…very intriguing…or in the words of General Sir Charles Munro spoken 30th October 1915 after he had gone to Gallipoli and had observed the battlefield with the task of recommending the continuance of the operation or attempting a withdrawl, “It’s just like Alice in Wonderland, ‘curiouser and curiouser’.”

1 Like

Any chance the rock could have been dropped there?

Surely it was stashed by someone

1 Like

Wow! How good is this! Someone’s little stash they never came back for. Great find!

1 Like

As they say - Gold is where you find it!

I am yet to understand why people dig a hole and bury their treasure, the odds don’t appear to be in their favour of profiting from it.

1 Like

That is a remarkable find, both of them, but more so that speci. It just doesn’t belong there. The coin you can imagine being lost in the park. The coin is in very good condition too. Obviously both were lost or stached. But why would you stache them in a park if that was the case. Beautiful speci too. Wonder where it came from. Cool finds. Well done.

JW :slight_smile:

1 Like

Till this day diving a hole is still safest way to keep and hid treasure.i follow alot of the old school ways

1 Like

Thats an amazing set of finds well done