GO - FIND competition by dredgenz

Safer being a horse than a human methinks

Strangely enough no horses mentioned!

Your quite right, at this stage Iā€™d rather be a horse than human. Although it hasnā€™t always been that way. Back in 1982 I was a guard stationed in London when this happened. Seven horses of the Queen's Household Cavalry lie dead after the IRA detonated a nail bomb, 1982 - Rare Historical Photos Sorry, I digress. On a happier note. Anyone in the Kaiteriteri area? A mans 18crt wedding ring has been lost in the lagoon about a week ago. GPS approx 41Ā° 2ā€™14.07"S 173Ā° 0ā€™54.57"E. The owner said good luck to anyone who can find it. If you do, itā€™s yours as he has put in for the insurance.

Yes that was a bit naughty of me, probly a result of too many refreshments - as per usual.
Looks like you got the votes so far. Nice one.

Tell ya what Shane when I find a gold bearing stream up our way Iā€™ll call ya

1 Like

OK people the results are in DRUMROLL

First place goes to @DetectingNZ

Second/third were tied (16 and 17% but still one vote each) so I undertook a coin toss under police supervision of courseā€¦

Second place goes to @ShadyShane

Third place to @chris

Well done and congratulations lads. Thanks to @chdanz for putting up the prizes for this compā€¦ Oh and speaking of prizes Daniel, it would be much appreciated if you could contact the above winners to arrange collection/postage if there winnings.
@gavin three virtual medals would be awesome when you get a chance.

Happy hunting Iggy

1 Like

YEH! Congrads Ladsā€¦ I really did enjoy the stories. Wish I could write like that. Looking forward to the next compo and more tales of metal detecting.

Great stories - I liked them all - sadly I cant enter because I would have to use bribery graft and corruption to solicit votes!

Yes, now that we got a GOLD kit between us there ainā€™t no excuse for not finding anyā€¦ head for the hillsā€¦ not the ones close to me theyā€™re feril asā€¦ way beyond shadyā€¦ deadly even.

Awesome dredgenz and Iggy. Great to be involved and win something.
Many thanks. Will take me winnings, find something with it and post a pic back.
Look forward to next time. Congrats to the other winners.

Thankyou very much :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks Iggy and DredgeNZ for another great comp and cheers to everyone who voted/liked and participated. Grats Shane and Chris, Show us some gold!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone involved

2 Likes

Hi all,

Congratulations to all the winners.

Besides that I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody who participated in this competition. Prices will be sent out as soon as we have received delivery details from the lucky ones. Shane has been in touch and his parcel is already on its way up North.

For people who donā€™t already know, DREDGENZ or MINERSDEN NEW ZEALAND LIMITED is the one stop shop for detecting and gold mining gear in NZ. We are a small company located on the outskirts of Rangiora. We probably stock the biggest range of mining and prospecting gear in the Southern hemisphere. Our showroom is normally open from 9 am to 2.30 pm Mo - Fri, but since we live right next door to our shop after hours visits can easily be arranged.

Happy detecting and we hope to see and meet some of you in person in the near future.

Dan
GOLDRUSH TOURS & SUPPLIES LTD

7 Likes

Hi Dan received the gold pan today thanks heaps for your sponsorship for the competition

3 Likes

Buggerā€¦ I missed this compā€¦ serves me right for glancing over metal detecting mattersā€¦ And I have a doozy yarn tooā€¦ oh well, will save it for the next compā€¦

2 Likes

Yes thankyou Dan, my GOLD kit turned up last week, nice.

Got some pics of the pan and that,and some GOLD stuff will pop them up next week.

Mean as, we have been awarded a badge trophy thing from Paydirt as well - choiceā€¦

3 Likes