Dredging photos. Warning horny pics of gold

Hey guys just got back from a couple of days dredging on the claim. Mainly just doing some pot holing and finding paystreaks so as to know where to stick the 6 inch.

This photo shows sexy bedrock gut where rivers then drops into a hole

14g of of the yellow out that hole with the 4 inch

Got a little side creek at the top of the claim that still got water in it. Now’s the time to rape it before it dries up.

Cleaned out an area of shallow bedrock.

gold from above spot.

This summers project

more of this summers project.

yellow motivation

15 Likes

Great going and may there be many more ounces for you.

1 Like

how do you go with access for your dredge prich. can you get in through tracks or have to float it up and down

Good effort, looks pretty wet out that way now

Some parts of the claim you need 4WD access to get down to river and from there I can float dredge in and out. The top part of the main gorge has some small foot tracks suitable to take nothing bigger than a standard 4 inch down. Ill be taking the 6 in by chopper into some of those spots. The small side creek I have at the top of the claim is on private land and access by 4WD for the most part.
Cheers

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Awesome photos prich385…very cool…good luck!!

hey prich fly your 6 inch downstream mate , your making me jealous cant wait to see some more of that lovely yellow stuff going up my nozzle

hi prich , some old pics of floating gear down thru gorge , was deep and slow or mean and fast , great memories , and hopefully many more

6 Likes

7 Likes

Hey webby that last photo of yours where the river comes down those rapids there is a deep hole hard against that bank, its a spot im pretty keen to get into.

Those floods in July have moved in some spots a couple of feet of overburden and exposed a whole lot of new bedrock dropping the bed of the river quite a lot… Down towards your end of the river a lot of that fine gravel and tailings from the old timers has been blown through. and deposited below your claim.

You should look at boring out those camlocks on your inlet and outlet of your pump and jet log as those camlocks are quite restrictive aye. I stuck mine on a lathe and got quite a surprising increase in psi and volume at the same rpm as well as less turbulence through the box.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi prich, I would definitely put your 6 along that rock wall , I struggled to get suction at depth but what I did get was very promising, I cant wait to see what the winter floods have uncovered hopefully some easy pickings, ill catch up and you can have a look at the dredge more suction /depth is needed , im happy with the portability and love the dredge in the faster water , I have a adapter and hose to turn it into a 4 inch which gives me a couple of more feet , but most of my claim is pretty shallow. , I need to sort a rock winch more than anything some big boulders with some nice chunky gold amongst it but hard going , ill dig out some more pics

3 Likes

Hey guys just got back from one of my projects for this season on the claim. Took the 4 inch down into the gorge to see gradings and got onto this sexy crevice that went all the way across the river as you can see from photo. Second photo shows what came out. Will try and upload some underwater footage as well.

Pic of gold from top stage of sluice.a few grams shy of an oz.

14 Likes

Certainly a nice bit of water you have there. Went for a drive up there a couple of months back being nosy. Very jelous. But don’t envy you haveing to drag your gear in and out from there.

Ahh the good old Manuherikia such an overlooked river considering its history and the famous St Bathans where they took 850,000 oz out!. Im surprised it took so long for someone to claim it up. You will do well in there.

That old thing will be a collectors item soon :slight_smile: , nice pic all the same .

Yeah man thats why im using your old man to get my gear in via his Gimble!

Na not my oldman he’s me uncle.

Couldn’t resist posting my own “Dredging photos and horny pics of gold”…just been down south where goldstamp has been teaching me how to dredge…got some nice gold of the last day…got a 1.6 grammer nugget and some chunky stuff too…beautiful part of NZ…bloody steep though…except water is freezing…will post youtube vid soon but may take a while as I have lots of go pro,phone and drone footage to sort through…now hooked on dredging…love the 5 inch proline!..hate the sandflies!! enjoy

18 Likes

Love those nuggz there!