Dredging Claim For sale No 56205

Seems fair to me and everyone does deserve a chance.

1 Like

Hi Timothy,
Place an add on TradeMe and you should be able to get more interest for your claims. If you canā€™t do it from overseas ask for some help. Iā€™m pretty sure someone will gvie you a hand.

1 Like

google his nameā€¦hes a dutch abalone poacher lolā€¦but who cares long as theres gold on the claim

2 Likes

Is this the claim owner who when you google the name comes up with all sorts of shall we say ā€˜interestingā€™ information - does not inspire confidence.

In view of what I read when I research the name I would NOT buy into the claim for fear of being duped. Everyone does deserve a chance BUT sometimes if personal finances are at risk then better to be waryā€¦sometimes a lot of research and a little wariness can save a heart break.

first saw this and thought sounds good then after reading threads thought no way then after his explanation thought sounds legit now not sure again. not that I have the cash to buy it but if I did I think I would be wary. lol

The track record does not inspire confidence!

i went up there today and apparently its a sluice dump from the 80s when it was done over with diggers on the land next to itā€¦
high fast flowing river after rains and not much access.
BUTā€¦infants creek which is that little leg off the saltwater creek could be worth looking at as it comes off goldsboro which is still producing.
easy access from the road and if a few of us were up for it could buy rent hire or whatever to make it happen.
theres a 2530 transfer fee to PAM the old bitch and 1150 per year rent but with enough diggers the owner might let us commission it to covers costs, negating the 2530ā€¦any takers?

Could be an option Gav?

Sure could be. Going to try and put together a list and do a tiki tour when it warms up a bit. Still looking at locking down all the red tape first. I may even throw my own claim in as the initial location, giving it all a jump start. But donā€™t hold me to that! Still working out the details when I get a bit of downtime here and there.

your creek is so long that you could cut in half and still have a nice lot for yourself.

I,m really liking the sound of where this is heading. Being a newbie to the gold prospecting scene It would be fantastic if there was a place that I could go to that hasnā€™t,t probably had every man and his dog work it over. Keep up the good work Gav and I will certainly support where I can.
Cheers

I must say, Iā€™m surprised at how many people are interesting in a group claim for non-dredging. I assumed the public fossicking areas had this covered as some people seem to do quite okay on them. Got my mind working in different angles :slight_smile:

I must admit I would be more interested in panning and sluicing . dredging opens it up to rape and pillage.

I pretty much agree with you there KK. Although as per the refined questionnaire there are ways that still meet the dredgers wants but can also limit the amount of days each can have, also what dredge size is to be used, etc, etc. However I am still biased towards the basic ole sluice, metal detector and gold pan !!

The river itself might mitigate issues anyway. On mine thereā€™s some easy spots for dredge access where as other parts are really hard to get dredge too but are easy to walk in to with some kit. Also dredging doesnā€™t get the shallow and dry material easily which might also keep non-dredgers happy.

1 Like

donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m a dredger myself only because Iā€™m to lazy to shovel

Hi All.
Long time listener first time caller, been snooping around Paydirt for years and feel like I know the locals, but a big hello to all.
Iā€™m sure like many on here after the first pan with a speck of gold youā€™ve gone wouldnā€™t it be something to have your own permit AND HEREā€™S WHERE IT STARTS.
This thread has been quite a focal point over the last little while, who would be fool enough to jump on that and how did it end.
Well according to her indoors I would be that fool and how will it end, who knows at this point, but it may be of interest to others how the story goes, being my first endeavor in a permit.
Over the course of the transaction Iā€™ll try to update on how the process goes be it tragedy, comedy, or just plain sailing.

1 Like

Mr Gnome

That claim will be fun. I meet the seller a while back and he was an okay person.

Parts of the claim have some gold and I am sure you will have some good days. The main creek (Saltwater) was dug up by a digger and screen and the only gold I ever found there was almost dust size. I have a friend who lives only 100 metres from the start of it. Seriously thought about buying it but the problems of life got in the way.

I look forward to hearing you get plenty (both gold and fun)

Geoff

1 Like

Infants has good gold . Half is permitted by shanty town though

from the locals, infants seems the only choice of a speckā€¦claim sold for 6k ā€¦
i suggest buying a lotto ticket overtime you go outā€¦to make up the shortfall lol