December weird and wonderful competition

Cheers Iggy! Gold plated silver. Had me going for a second but I knicked it with the spade and the silver shines through

1 Like

Sweet haul mate when I hit a pub it’s normally from falling off a bar stool

1 Like

Haha yeah that’s the better way to go. Had to waste a few hours though before I got on it or would’ve been on the floor by mid day and that’s never a good look.

Found while water hunting…1853 pattern Enfeild Percussion Rifle barrel!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Sweet find indeed and something you don’t come across everyday.

iv been looking for 1 of these for years now lol so was definitely stoked to find this one!

Wicked. finally someone found a real heater, or a piece of one at that.

Shady as

1 Like

Cripey thats history - isnt that Te Kootis name engraved on it? Well I dont know where you are but back in them days people didnt throw their heaters away so if you are in Maori War country I really think you hit the jackpot. I love it. Its ace, top dog, number 1.

1 Like

Due to our impending house painting and maintainence the garden has been cleared around our house, allowing a previously overgrown strip of soil to be detected in December. (see picture)
Here are the results. The most interesting objects i found were
1 A 1945 thripence
2 A 1949 penny
3 A lead toy soldier
4 A high pressure gauge with no face

2 Likes

Great work, you have been busy. Thanks for the post :blush:

Hi all thanks to all those who have entered and to those who tried but couldn’t quite get the weird and wonderful thing to happen! Once Roy and myself have made some selections I will set up the two polls for voting.
Happy hunting

Hi all, Roy and myself have chosen to put forward the following for you all to vote on… Please do so, without your impute it’s simply won’t work. As previously mentioned I will PM some members randomly to advise polling is open as well. The Polls will close this coming Wednesday night at 9pm. Note there will be this poll and one more to follow and the entries are in no particular order.

BEST FIND

• A. Rifle barrel
  • B. Lead toy
  • C. 1919 Florin

0 voters

MOST UNUSUAL FIND

1. Brass thing

2. Adjustable pivot thing

3. Moustache shaped thing

• A. Adjustable pivot thing
  • B. Moustache shaped thing
  • C. Brass thing

0 voters

Thanks for your time, I will post a pic of the prizes once voting is over.

Mm seems to be a problem with last poll third choice brass thing isn’t showing up and it won’t let me edit it? Going more than five minute. I will see if Gavin can sort it.

A bit late Iggy but i did manage a wierd and wonderful hunt down at the property.
All i found was a bit of wire and a pop rivet which i misplaced. Found two giant iron targets but decided to leave them in the ground as were probly fencing stuff.

Shady

2 Likes

Here is my vote for the following.

1. The gun barrell (best find by far me thinks).
  2. Mustache shaped thing.

Good luck all.

OOops Just realised that you click on the vote thingy, haha.

Shady as

2 Likes

I voted for the first one, but my second vote is for the Mustache please.

2 Likes

Hi Mothmyth, couldn’t help but notice your lead soldier. I found one similar to that in Brightwater, Nelson. Nice Find.

1 Like

Just a wee reminder, voting for this competition closes tomorrow night at 9pm (see above in this thread - two polls click on the circle for your choice)
Thanks to all those who have voted already :blush: A few more would be great. Good news the last selection of the Weird poll ( brass thing) is votable even though it’s title doesn’t show up.
Without giving away too much the Weird category really couldn’t be any closer with equal votes across the three choices… so get to the polls, cheers Iggy.

1 Like