Cosmo's finds enjoy

nice work,can you identify the ship,may be a comemerative piece might be a good find that,iam thinking river plate ww11.kiwi knife kiwi ship.

1 Like

The Achilles hadn’t thought about that, funny I was at the RSA in ashburton last week and learnt about the battle at river plate… had a look ship’s silhouette doesn’t look right, but good thinking.

Good finds! It looks like one of the old nzr ferries that’s my pick!

1 Like

Hey guys here is my results from a small hunt last night and this morning. 6 pennies oldest being 1872, a 1933 nz sixpence, 1943 nz thrup and a 1925 (smashed) and 1926 British thrups. Ring is a junker, happy hunting and good luck out there.

3 Likes

Well done cosmo. Keep it up.

HH

1 Like

Hey guy’s here is my results from last night and tonight. A few pennies and half’s oldest being 1927 Australian, the best piece of plated cutlery I’ve found, a silver shilling. Clad florin and sixpence (bugger would like some more silver florins), modern button and find of the day a NZ rough riders medallion circa 1900, love me some military history.

A pic off the net of a tidy one.

And the trash (can you spot the brass door knob)

happy hunting and good luck out there.

2 Likes

hi cosmo.is they a quote on the medalian that says success to the rough riders,if not ive not seen that one before,nice work…

1 Like

Hi Roy I believe it was a fund raising medallion for the rough riders, it’ not the success variety. A great find no silver yesterday but this made up for that.:smiley:

1 Like

Love the medallion Cosmo. Always good when you get a bit of history.

HH

1 Like

Great finds.
Thanks for showing us a amount of trash you had to dig to get to the good stuff - keep it real :grinning:

1 Like

This is a good website for Boer War Medallions and doohikeys
southafricanmedals.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=366&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

3 Likes

Thanks, Will have to try for a silver one next.:sunglasses:

A lady on the FB page found the bronze Southland Otago variant a week or so ago.
Definately Worth looking out for.
southafricanmedals.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1214&category_id=1&keyword=Rough&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

3 Likes

Hey guy’s found this silver badge this morning haven’t been able to identify it, might just be someone’s initials, any info appreciated. Good luck out there.

4 Likes

Nice find. Could be a college badge.

MK

1 Like

Hi Cosmo love finding stuff like that

1 Like

Was thinking that I went through local high schools couldn’t find it there.

try canterbury university,ive not seen one before.

Got away for an hour, digging those two cent signals finally paid off. Got my first mixed spill tonight, was just saying I could do with some more silver florins. Good luck out there.

5 Likes

Hey guy’s popped out for an hour after work, I didn’t do as well as Roy but here’s my results.

And the trash.

Good luck out there.

4 Likes