COMPETITION North Island Vs South Island - EXTENDED

Once the water is lower than your wellies, I’d be looking at the river bank erosion on the outside of bends near towns. I hope you avoided the floods though (from a Northerner used to having their town on the front page every time a cyclone hits).

1 Like

Cheers for that MW, will definitely be out and about once weather settles. I personally didn’t,t have any flooding to deal with but there was plenty happening around the town. The rain has now stopped so at least things might start to dry out!!

yeah extra time would be good and we have snow forecast for later in the week so better get out there once water drops away

missed most of the rain. no snow predicted . just a lack of mojo, better go out to the shed think I got some out there

One Month Extention Granted.

I’m keen to get out, now that I’ve found my control box (disassembled my detector and had it packed away).
However I no longer have waterproof earphones :pensive: sigh - might to do a bit of work to remedy that - I wanna be out in all weather again. (honest :smiley:)

Knew I had one somewhere…

1 Like

Ok here my entries,
Nz half penny 1944
Nz penny 1943,1951,1956
Nz florin 1951
Nz 50c 1973
Nz 20c 1977,1976,1973

And for best find i enter my pocket spill with 9ct gold ring

5 Likes

One more just for luck will go through all decs latter

1 Like

Wow that is so cool MW!! In the flesh action shot that has been well and truly busted!

Love the pic, :camera:

2 more from the 3p spot today
1903 Penny
1912 Penny with a hole,for once the date was clear must of been near new when lost can even tell its from the London Mint, as there is no h (Heaton Mint) to the left of the date

2 Likes

Nice to see people getting out there.
I managed to have a detect today - nothing really found.

Keep in mind that $ coins are not in the comp, nor Australian $1 & $2 (as they’re quite spendable).

Here is a clue - someone has a huge lead, several people have got the coin already, so the leader can be caught up with - keep hunting :grin:

[maybe it was a bad idea to do North Island Vs South Island in the winter :confounded: ]

Yeah, it’s a bit bleak and damp out there! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 and a bit more for the comp
A 1936 NZ 3p
A 1937 bit of a brittania penny

1 Like

Spendables aren’t in the competition (nor Australian $1 & $2 coins)
What are the dates on the 1 & 2 cents, and 5 cent?

Most of the 1c 2c have lost their dates, will fossick through them once and get what dates i can once i get home.

Oh, I see. Are you at the beach?

@GP Checked the 1c 2c 5c, no readable dates amongst them. :frowning:

1 Like

finally got out done old domain that we have done before still getting can tabs and no coins but got this thistle button i think

one for the north canterbury

1 Like

Beautiful. Could be Canadian military button.