COMPETITION North Island Vs South Island - EXTENDED

Probably the last lot from my one of my favourite places that I hunt. The fun Police cornered me and asked what I was up to and did I have permission to be doing what I was doing. I had received permission from a number of staff but that wasn,t good enough for this clown, the long and short of it is that they haved banned any metal detecting in this public domain whatsoever. Even though the guy agreed that I was carefully replacing the plugs and I wasn,t doing any harm the heirachy still had to come down with the big authority club and bash me around with it !!
It really makes my blood boil but can,t really do much about it, onwards and upwards I suppose.
Anyway enough of my ranting heres my finds
6 pence 1947
2 cent 1976, 1974
1 cent 1978, 1967
Aussie 1/2 penny 1911
Nice 925 silver childs bracelet
crap ring
small phillips screwdriver
The sprinkler was an unexpected find, goes to show they watered gardens in the early 1900,s just like now!!

2 Likes

Nice lots of goodies there XTG…sounds like you’ve done everything right at your hunting site…permission gained, treating the place with respect, did this guy work there? or just someone out for a sunday stroll in his park? You did the right thing by walking but I’d be going back to the person who gave you permission.

1 Like

Yeah the dude worked there, he put me onto his boss who then had to run it by his boss etc, etc. Thinkin I will go to the big waller and talk with him about why it’s a no go.
What’s the deal regarding this in the likes of Hagley Park and other councils reserved ?
Has anyone else experienced this same thing ?
I just might have to get sneaker. LOL :joy:

Throwing some heavy artillery into the pot for Team Te Ika a Maui - A tube of Colt 45, with the bang still inside. Manufactured by Federal Cartridge. Modern wadcutter round.

And beside a puny .22

And while it’s no match for SoilSurfers locket, I’ll beef up the gold entries with a really wee 9Ct plain band, cunningly slipped out from a neighbours patch, Eh Chris? :wink:
Note Sixpence for scale!

@X-TerraGold - Bugger about getting drummed out! That spot was being really good to you. Suggest maybe waiting until a new Council / Board comes online, then try approaching them again. I had a similar experience, except I never even got the chance to hunt the (really juicy) permission before someone on the board decided they’d changed their mind. (wonder if they knew someone who detected…?). I just wait patiently for a certain name to be replaced on the committee.

1 Like

The sprinker is a great find. I love that crap ring too :slight_smile:

That kind of heavy handedness only encourages nighthawking.
It will be detected, you have the option of deciding who does it, the good guys, or the bad guys:

Probably my last entry

3 Likes

Very nice :sparkles:

Hi all, this will be my fist post in the community. Found these a few weeks ago in the North. Will put some more recent finds soon.

1 Like

Nice dates on those silvers.
Nice bar, what is it from?
What’s up with that bullet - has it been turned into a whistle or something?

Nice silvers and the other jewellery thingy. Cool finds

The bullet case has got an old bicycle valve remover wedged into it. Made it a bit easier to hold onto. Least that what it looks like to me

1 Like

Go the North Island to win. (thats a bit Shady - u were born in the South Island)

:beers:

1 Like

The bar seems to be a broche. It’s so light must be hollow. Don’t know anything on the bullet. Though it might have been used for a pendant ?

Bit of a sniff around the river this morning Big surprise no trash and a old penny plus a handfull of decis

3 Likes

Went back at low tide and found all the trash i missed this morning but scored another vic penny
(1891) and silver spoon

1 Like

Great stuff. Love the date on those brits

Vicky looks nice on that first penny :+1:

Unless the South go hard over the next few days the North will win it.
They have creeped back up to nearly double the amount of target coin submissions.

Couple more finds for the comp.
NZ 1957 threepence
NZ 1973 10c

Big day tmoro. Anounce the winner.

Shady

:beers::wine_glass::cocktail::champagne: