Competition ideas

Hi all, just a quick request, regarding the next competition in October. (Yes I know we haven’t completed the first one yet)
I will be on a :airplane:️ towards the end of this month for a couple of weeks, and haven’t decided if my :phone:️ is coming or not, so I could be off the grid.

So thought maybe some of the competition players would like to finalise the details for the next one :smiley:
I wondered about 14 - 23 October for the date?
This gives me a few days to find out details when I get back and get it underway.
Ps I’m easy, whatever format/ theme you decide on, we will make happen, and I’ve got heaps of low value cool prizes to dish out for lots of future comps.

Happy hunting for the elusive 10c this weekend :yum:

Will take good care of things while you away. :beer:

1 Like

Hi all, I just changed the heading of this tread from upcoming competitions.
Anyone with any ideas, wants, likes or dislikes etc for future competitions here’s the place.
Ultimately it would be great to have a few concepts and ideas discussed and ready to action.

Just wondering what people would like to do for the next competition?
Is the looking for something specific getting old or too hard. ( as it can be difficult to find something when you go searching for it, but then I guess there’s more satisfaction in winning something that is more difficult).

I wondered about maybe something along the lines of most unusual find, best find, most unique iron target, or ???

Any ideas

1 Like

Hi Iggy the most unusual sounds fun maybe run over a month
and let members score the find 1–10

3 Likes

Yeah, I like the idea of showcasing the weird and wonderful things we find - perhaps categories for - iron, lead, jewlery and miscellaneous.

1 Like

Evening all, good news and bad news to report.

Bad news first - I don’t think the November comp will happen :cry: Simply got way too much going on for next few weeks.

The good news :blush: December comp… bring it on.
Mmmmmm Xmas holidays = lots of hunting opportunities for most hopefully.

What’s your thoughts on the comp running for the full month of December with two prizes - best find and most unusual ? (Could alter to suit preferences though)
I don’t know how best to vote/choose a winner though … maybe most likes or maybe I could choose 3 for each category and set up a poll for the hunters to decide.
Finally whats your thoughts on enteries for this next one?

• current method, pics placed in competition thread
    OR
  • enteries selected from the show and tell section, by either myself or the hunters (this would include all members… whether they like it or not. ( which may or may not be a good thing)

Happy hunting all

1 Like

I reckon the poll method would work well to allow people to vote on the winner.

1 Like

hi iggy,yeah most unusual find and a find of the month would be good,also best condition silver florin or vic shilling.

2 Likes

Question next months comp most unusual and best find.
How do you want to play this one?
Pics to be placed in the completion thread for selection
OR
A mix of both the comp thread and show and tell (this potentially would involve more members possibly)

I was thinking about choosing three for each category and setting up a poll the members to decide each winner? Although with a little help the polling could be avoided, as it’s only going to work if everybody votes!
If your keen to help out with the selection process @Mudwiggle that would be cool, but if you are wanting to play then I know of a certain Australian Gent :blush:Who may be willing.

Talk to me members as the days whizzing by.
Happy hunting.

@Iggy Ohh…I might play this time.

Bring it! :+1:
I must warn you though you will be up against some stiff competition.

Looks good from here iggy… the way I’m going I will be entering a unusual sinker😩

2 Likes

Update
Cheers :beers: Roy1954 for agreeing to help out with the selection process for this next one.

Mmm :thinking:I think I will continue with the current format of enteries being placed in the competition thread only (for ease of judging if nothing else).

Due to this upcoming competition closing out on New Year’s Eve :tada::beer::tada: … over indulgence…holiday mode etc. - it will probably take several days before the two winners are decided on.

A New thread with full info and rules( which there will be few) will be posted soon.

1 Like

Hi all :smiley:
Thought I’d send out this little teaser regarding the next competition. I won’t give away too much yet but I can say get your pen and paper ready for those inspirational moments, and maybe dust off your camera to increase your chances.

Some seriously cool prizes have been kindly donated for this one as well. The winner gets to keep a new METAL DETECTOR along with some runner up prizes, and if you don’t currently have anything to swing this could be the chance you were waiting for.

Watch the ‘competition threads’ for more info soon.
Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable festive season ohhh and find lots for the December comp :yum:

1 Like