Best detectors For a beginner

Hi all I am wanting to get into gold detecting and am after advice on what kind of detector to get ? I want something that will find gold but isn’t 10k thanks

Nice one Joel. Sure some good advice is on the way. happy hunting and be safe out there.

Shady

1 Like

I’ve been down this road of asking. There are alot of opinions and reasons to why each detector is better. From my learning experience i’d recommend a gold bug 2. Easy to learn to use whilst still decent scope for someone who knows what they are doing. Reasonable pricing for some good kit

2 Likes

Is a garret at gold any good? Cheers

Nope, Only good thing about it is that it is waterproof and takes standard AA batteries … it doesn’t find gold as good as a GB-pro let alone a GB2.

It goes better as a coin / relic machine despite its name.

1 Like

whats a good detector for finding course gold at depth in course gravels ?. I have only ever had a gold bug 2 and it has been great but i have to start digging in a likely spot or on a nugget line and detect as i dig. It does get almost everything but only at close range, say 10 cm for < .5 g and maybe 15 for > 10 g but this all depends on how restricted you are. I would like to know there is a 10 grammer at 1 foot before I dig and then get all the associated smaller pieces. I am a reluctant headphone user and I know this would help. course gravel say 10 to 15 cm diameter seems to restrict me so much that it is pushing me out of range for the goldbug 2 is what I,m trying to say. Any thoughts or advise would be handy.

Cheers guys and gals

2 Likes

Check out the Makro Gold Racer…iv seen some really good results from then in NZ conditions etc and the price for is performance is quiet respectable!