Back out on the river

It’s way to late me and God have a deal I don’t bother him and he flicks a few goodies in the mud

2 Likes

some cool stuff there

1 Like

Those are some beautiful pieces right there.

You lucky bastard - can’t wait to see what else you pull.

1 Like

That’s some cool finds mate well done

1 Like

The “token” coin found last Monday in the river couldn’t find much info on it but quite stoked with the find …the rest is from today first light matapouri beach pulltabs everywhere $5 and a new pair jandels saved the day…down to the river this afternoon for the low got there early got thirsty and missed it will endeavor to get back in the morning

6 Likes

E. Way & Company, Drapers, Sydney, New South Wales
https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/articles/1928

E. Way & Company was established as a department store in Pitt Street in 1891 and, together with David Jones, became a focus of early 20th century retail trade in …

3 Likes

WOW wow wow. Your finds are truely amazing! Even inspiring, the fact that there are still very good condition tokens to be found out there.
Is it silver? Any idea how has it weathered so well?

It’s brass I think …came from a spot on the river that had lost about 100mll of top sand but still in black muck

2 Likes

We’ve had a bit of rain up here (170mm) so took a few of those oddball finds into town came back with a smile

Went out to survey the damage still a shitload of water running out but hit a washout could barely stand up in the middle and made detecting impossible and the way the sand was crashing in I fear it will will be gone tomorrow
A few spendies always a bonus will try my 1860,s spot tomorrow

7 Likes

Just over 200mm rain and it’s still coming down chucked the raincoat on and hit the river

1920 brit in good condition 61 Aussie anyone selling a sandscoop

4 Likes

Hi Chris. The brass bit looks very much like the back of a fob watch. Well done.

HH

1 Like

That’s a bute half Chris well done for braving it out there. HH & GL

The half penny looks great.

We’ll I heard a poacher was coming down :blush:so had to patrol the patch

3 Likes

Bahaha :rofl: put out those little wood land mines like I do.

1 Like

We’ll a bit dismal of a hunt little bit of a heart flutter finding ring (junk)

5 Likes

We all have those days Chris, good of you to post that, I don’t feel so bad about my Sat morning hunt now (pretty bad too :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Good to see an honest dig. I enjoy seeing the junk (Cu, Pb, Brass etc) stuff you can use or trade in to the scrappers.

1 Like

Gave the xcal a bit of run any ideas on the coated brass strip ???

2 Likes

Hi Chris possibly off a trunk band or furniture dunno just thought I’d guess. HH

1 Like