Back out on the river

The history over there is almost obscene. Our house was only (only) 600 years old, built from stones robbed from the ruins of the castle that was on the hill behind us - complete with Priest hole, apparently now a wine cellar! Walk along any old lane in the southern parts and you’ll find clay pipes and Roman coins washing out of the banks.

But where’s the fun in that when you can spend 5 Hrs for nothing more than a late 1990’s $2 coin and a bag of tinfoil?

2 Likes

Yeah only 160 years of history is a bit sad compared to the thousands of Europe!

Well you can only blame yourself for that after raping and pillaging northland for the last 30 years :sunglasses: the stuff I find probably fell out of your overfill pouch​:joy:

1 Like

You want to hear an embarrassing confession? Whilst I bought a submersible machine back in the 80’s it was a PI and emptied the beaches of the last 100 years-worth of mostly iron.
Disheartened, I chucked it in the cupboard (as so many PI’s are doomed…)

Wasn’t until I got back on the kick that I dug it out, took it to the local and pulled a gold rosary…and another shitload of iron.
That’s when I turned Excalibur.

Making up for lost time now! If I’d have stuck with it back then I would have retired by now… :roll_eyes:

Send you a PM shortly, on a completely unrelated matter…

While taking the dog for a walk I noticed that some sand had moved and you can usually pull a ring so shot home for xcal and raced back

there were quite a few targets sadly no gold… Wondering weather the long colt 45 is a relative to the one you found MW?

6 Likes

DIfferent patch, not sure how common they are though. Could be the same source? Found a few matching nappy pins though :slight_smile:

After being rain off this morning had a look around the town Basin for somewhere to have a hunt but the thick mud didn’t look that inviting so headed back home but tide was a bit high
I went to a paddock that’s produced a few bits and pieces half an hour in the best coin spill for me unable to date the gothic florin and unfortunately the 1866
6d has a die mark😔 anyway pretty wrapped

6 Likes

Woohoo! Awesome job!

Hell, that’s a lot of Victoria… Is that every portrait? Can’t be far from it.

Very nice, as I said would make my year.:wink

1 Like

Just missing old veiled 93 onwards

1 Like

Awesum finds - definitely jellyarse. I love them.

1 Like

great silvers,those gothic florins are the best

1 Like

Now thats a good result - love those old coins
Vicky always makes my day!

My local shopkeeper pulled me aside this morning and asked weather I still had the thingymajig that found metal
She had lost a ring splitting firewood took about half an hour to find

7 Likes

Great going Chris. Hope you get free ice creams for the next year!
HH

Yeah well I sorta blew it there she asked what I drank …”only 15 yr old single malt whiskey “ was my reply
She said “good for you love” an walked off😖

4 Likes

Had a bit of luck today with a 1906 half crown (my first brit) and a Irish token… might be Barry woodside

8 Likes

good score,some of the edward v11 coins are worth good money

1 Like

Nice half crown - bugger thats not 20 characters :crazy_face:

1 Like