Back out on the river

Decorative piece off a sideboard or piano, that sort of thing I reckon.

1 Like

dont know what it is but at first sight i thought of the prince of wales feathers!!

To hell with the Celts - definitive proof that the Egyptians were here first!

1 Like

Plenty of lead this morning

5 Likes

Just out of interest, that oval thing, between the right hand 303 and the penny - Sov Spot?
I picked up an identical one on our hunt there, thought it was a home made brooch as there’s some fixing on the back, but not so sure now.

Be interested in a close up, see if they fit together.

looks like the back of a wrist watch

Na in front of the shop where you found that .45 colt round the king tides had made a big hollow was hoping for some old coinage time to come up your way I think

1 Like

Interesting. Wonder what they are then? (Too hefty for a watch Roy)
Spent dawn wading at Butt Flat, mid shin in muddy water and accidentally whacked a small ray in the face! Of course he took off in the direction he was pointing which was straight into me. I did a silly little dance as the line of muddy splashing turned and headed out into deeper water. Good chuckle after the heart slowed! Only got a lone 925 CTR ring (second in as many hunts), but all in all the phones were basically silent.

Yesterday was like Roy’s hunt 3 bottle tops (Mata,s) Sandies those rocks you like just the tops showing ,nothing have a think about a day trip to that camp site down south

1 Like

must have been those big tides,more volume of water in the same amount of time,figures its moving faster,tacking sand with it.

I’ve got me grandson up for the weekend he’s mad on pirates so when I suggested we go and find some “treasurer” he was all smiles …the missus said your a cunning bastard and was granted exactly 1 hr
This is his show and tell Monday

3 Likes

That lower 20c is in pretty decent nick

Can anyone tell me when the lead postage seals started/ finished I’ve found about 20 so far just curious

3 Likes

Headed a bit north this morning to a spot that’s given me the odd Brit silver but no cigar on those did find a 30’s auto razor knife and the standard lead and scrap a local came up and told me the place had been hammered for the last month by different people I suppose this hobby is growing more popular

1 Like

i you sure the local dosent detect himself ,theirs a pile of targets there for somewhere thats been hammered.

By the look of him the only detection done is at the cake section of the supermarket :joy:

1 Like

Nice razor, too much lead for it to be “hammered”. Agree with Roy, I think someone’s trying to scare you off their patch :slight_smile:
I’ve noticed a lot of recent, but old diggings in the beaches and grass up here this summer. Fairly sure every private campervan is packing these days.

1 Like

90% of finds came from downstream but you need a pick to get to them it’s a mixture of silt and round pebble hard as concrete so gave up went up to the area where U found that old badge and got one penny

1 Like

The trouble with the hobby is that when we proudly show our goodies then everyone wants in on the action. It might pay never to even hint as to location…of course we could all say that our finds are from say Browns Bay and every budding detectorist would be there hammering it and leaving it to us to detect our favourite places unmolested.

Mind you I dont mind getting molested by Helga the Viking but Mudwiggle’s Olga the Russian sounded a bit formidable.

Even down here in the far south, two degrees from purgatory, I know four people who have been inspired by finding long lost hoards and treasures and have purchased detectors.

I dont think that the spot where all that lead and brass has come from has been detected much, if at all because 99 percent of detectorists would take any brass or lead…I sure do.

Great haul though - you will not need to ever buy sinkers if you keep going at this rate!.

2 Likes