Back out on the river

Going to have to check each flat, toned belly on the beach every day for the rest of summer…Any one asks what you’re doing, just say you’re on Navel Manoeuvres…

4 Likes

An hour on the flats, still haven’t anything old at this area of the river might have missed the boat by 35 years. Been given a permission for WW2 camp fingers crossed it hasn’t been hammered before meeting with owner next weekend

2 Likes

Or silted out of reach?

Keep going, the time machine will kick in and send you back to the 1800’s again soon…

1 Like

if theirs people on there now iam sure their would have been people doing the same stuff back then,and losing just as much,you just hav,ent found it yet,sand, tides, wind you might only get two or three chances a year to get it all come right,then you can fill your boots.its always best if you live close to beach keeping your eyes open waiting for that chance.

1 Like

It wasn’t my intention to have a hunt today but the young fella wanted a swim and since the xcal was still in the ute why waste a low tide and empty beach
The ring was first target got the hopes high but that was it…

the Thomas walker buckle was a surprise

5 Likes

That’s how I like my beaches :slight_smile: We can get back to normal now.

Did you see that post on FB about someones pounamu lost there?

It was at matapouri Tangaroa won’t be giving that back anytime soon

Another lonley beach apart from an old duck quite confused on how I was going to catch any fish doing what I was doing
“You need to go deeper love”
“So my wife keeps telling me”
I muttered to myself🤨 a 10once sinker gave the xcal a scare and a Stirling bangle was a nice score

6 Likes

Yer, bet that sinker certainly made a decent toot in the ears :slight_smile:
Thomas Walkers 1934 Birmingham factory in St Pauls Square was a victim of the blitz - but back in operation after 18months. They did a lot of bib and brace buckles from early 1890’s image

Rather sobering that I now know more about these people than I do about my own whakapapa… :confused:

10k white gold 12 diamonds

7 Likes

Way to go Chris. Very nice one. Well done.

1 Like

mmm!! gold is good,even better with ice…

1 Like

Nice, I almost popped down your way today, might do a flypast tomorrow - what’s the sand loading like at the other beaches after that easterly?

To be honest completely loaded but doable at low give us a shout if you come down

Any ideas

2 Likes

Lamp sconce? Wot’s on the back?

Nothing it’s hollow no writing or numbers just about didn’t dig it cause of the size the xcal was farting and singing all over the place like a big lump of steel

Base of a door knocker maybe.

MK

As it’s not solid brass hard to say no screw holes so probably soldered on to something

Any chance of a pic in profile? The ‘thing’ not you…