Back out on the river

Awesome diggings - and only, what, 43 acres to go…? :laughing:

Way to go Chris, Love the ring.

Day 2 mixed bag today 3 pieces of silver 9 pennies a 50 cal… The st Christopher the size of a 3d and looks like it’s come off a ring 1941 Merc dime was first target 33 sixpence was the last

4 Likes

Nice finds again Chris, would love to find me some U.S silver.

I’m after a silver dollar this trip but after months of rain it’s made the site hard to detect lots of wheel ruts from the tractor

1 Like

Any of the half’s would be ace too. :grinning:

Day 3 just one wee silver and a few pennies ( one is 1904) which I found quite surprising you just don’t no what was here before the camp

most unusual find half crown that has me stumped it still has the lines on the edge but the middle??? the final tally back to the mud in the morning

3 Likes

That half crown might be a half dollar but who could tell.:thinking:

It’s a half… I was getting all set to do some pattern matching when I saw this

3 Likes

Well done nice eye mudwiggle.:+1:

You called it :slight_smile: I merely verified

I predicted it 7 hours ago lol.

1 Like

Looks like a Walking Liberty and they were all 90% yummy metal

2 Likes

I would love to find one in good nick love the look of that coin, taken a walk.

I suspect Chris’ coin may have strayed to the wrong side of town and caught something

1 Like

So what do you reckon caused the damage? Not the soil

I think it may have been in a fire. Maybe a token gesture on last day in camp? Surface does have that ‘spitout’ appearance.

What ever those lines on the rim are called are still intact?? Thanks for I’d

I brought a branch home after getting a signal from it managed to split it two and found what appears to be a projectile (copper and lead)! IMG_20190105_073554|375x500

2 Likes

I believe it’s called a reeded edge. I was told it was to stop coin shaving, where you would cut a little silver or gold off the rim of coins gradually getting a decent amount to trade.

2 Likes