Back out on the river

Nice going on the silvers!

Na all liz I’m afraid

The thing with square hole same size as a 3d any ideas

1 Like

Looks like a token of some sort, possibly milk?
Bottom inscription looks like …errand or ?Farrand

Can you make out the letters in the centre?

Are three of the words TRADE MARK BRAND
I have spent half an hour looking through pictures of New Zealand tokens and so on and cant find it - I hate failure!

Looking for an answer is part of the fun and also a learning curve but finding an answer is cool.

1 Like

Found in front of the old pub so should have a bit of age…when were milk tokens introduced? I remember they reduced my lollie money slightly :grin:

1 Like

Slept in and missed the low

5 Likes

Hit a local spot this morning

4 Likes

Some nice relicy bits there. The Starkie plate dates 1907-1915. David Henry (Orig. Hendry) was a forestry industrialist, so ties in nicely with the milling in your area.

Good productive hunt. :+1:

Are you running for President Chris? Great mornings work.

Yip going to build a wall around my little town keep the likes of MW and GP out

1 Like

keep on diggin in amongst it will be the good stuff.

The tides are coming right! I’ll be over soon.

Went for a wee travel north this morning found a few coins (1 silver) and a button. Had a laugh watching another guy detecting dig a huge hole( that you could put a 44 gallon drum in ) not sure what he found anyway a good hunt

3 Likes

4 Likes

You wouldn’t have laughed if it turned out to be a Greco-Roman statue - (I stopped digging when I found the nylon rope tied to it, and a 20 gallon drum, thank you very much)

The photos don’t show it, but people, that button is absolutely MINT AU condition.

And Chris? You keep your grubby shovel down there, and I’ll stay up here, Okay? :smile::smile:

We both no that won’t happen

1 Like

Any info on the button mudwiggle ? Sorry brain fart I mean Chris oops.

Google 58th regiment nz

1 Like

Oh I see, what a beauty well done.

1 Like