Back out on the river

Looks like a bit of weight in that 9 ct Chris. Well done:grinning:

1 Like

Very worn 1890 half penny …MW hope you didn’t seed the river with 2c pieces seem to be finding an allfull lot since you where here last💩

2 Likes

Nah mate - I’ve left one or two obviously seeded things in various places though. Bombing runs with coppers ain’t sporting or funny. Heard of it being done overseas though.

Couple of good hunts recently - been at the place we were discussing?

Got to love those deep 1 & 2 cent pieces.:rage:
Nice 1890 penny Victoria popping up today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Went for a snoop at picnic to much sand so just south of where you were …

Found the biggest (shotgun)??? Cartridge 12 gauge below it plus a few buttons

2 Likes

Nicely done. Best Ring Edge are Edwardian. “Warranted not to cut the thread” was the claim, but I’ve found a lot of them, so dispute that :rofl:

Would love to know what the fancy , top left, came from.

Just tabs and coppers today for me in the mud - too many bodies on the beach.

1 Like

From the old pub area signals few and far best part of the hunt watching a kingi hit baitfish in half a metre of water

2 Likes

the navy button may be merchant navy .

A penny at 200 yards is a challange but perfectly acheivable by a good marksman and sighted in .303 lee-enfeild with open sights.

1 Like

Maybe that big cartridge case is either a 4 gauge or a Very Light, Flare Pistol case.

1 Like

Was thinking same thing flare casing.

Something a bit different made of lead most likely a seal over grog bottle would like to find a full

bottle

2 Likes

Looks like a wine bottle seal hence the bunch of grapes.

I think its a Scottish thistle. …

Nae Scottish thistle man, grapes :wink: Nice find.

Pretty small grapes😀 just waiting for the tide to go down then heading out to same spot.I found a spoon there last year and always thought it was silver but researched the hallmark it has a bp instead of ep still puts it circa 1870

1 Like

Nothing to flash today but the scrap all adds up

7 Likes

Did better than me, I ended up with a 1960s Shoo insect repellent tube, few leads and handful of copper flakes and screws/nails.

…fire sprinkler next to the knob? Would look nice cleaned up

hehe - looks like a fire sprinkler but its the top off an old single burner cooker - probably 1920s to 1940s. They used Kerosene and were great things but the smell could be frightful and they could sometimes be a cow to get going but when they went they really WENT - they could fire flames up like a rocket engine!

Come to think of it, if you mounted one on the bumper of your iron horse aimed backward and fired it up then you might get an extra 10 kph out of you car! Yep they could be THAT vicious…well nearly!

9 Likes