Advice for a new detector

personally…i had at gold…not bad but gold bug 2 better and gold monster is on a par

1 Like

Hi There JW

Just found your message to me on Hotmail. Went to “Others” Yep glad to see you posting again on Paydirt. And of course I follow your adventures on Steves Forum I am a bit like Lammerlaw. All my gold hunting stuff is from the past. Mainly Dredging. To old for that game now. Well underwater anyway. If I Lived down your way, I would be right into gold detecting. Just got to love that open country compared to what we have here on the coast. I see you are looking at maybe getting a Drone for a bit of aerial photography, Would be handy for scouting out detecting ground to I reckon. Im into drones, but I use mine for fishing. My advice is go for quality and purchase through a NZ agent. A Phantom Mavic would be ideal for you… Small, lightweight and folds up for transportation. The Phantom 4 would be good also, but doesnt fold up. The NZ agent is either “The Drone Depot” or Ferntech NZ. Phantoms are about the best drone on the market. Easy to calibrate and exceptionally reliable. Anyway thats what I recomend. I have a Phantom 3 Standard and a Spashdrone 3. All set up for fishing. They are fun, but like with all things there is a bit of a learning curve, I will be waiting to see some of your aerial vids in the future. Haha you might inadvertantly give away your very very top secret locations. lol.

Cheers Trev aka “The Hatter”

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Hi there Trev, how are you doing? Your mate contacted me once about tagging along on a detecting mission but the weekend he was available didn’t suit me. I haven’t heard from him again. Is he still in QT? He had a bit of a look up the Arrow but the sandflies gave him grief.
I have been getting out, as usual, & I am currently trialing three new after market coils for the Minelab GPZ 7000 that have been made by a Russian company. Minelab themselves only ever made two coils for the 7000. The smallest being 14 inches. Often that is too big & there are many places I cant use it but know gold will be there. These new coils are working very well for me & I believe they will cause quite a stir. Minelab won’t be happy.
On another note. Would you be ok for me to put your gold cube history post up on Steve’s forum? I think that would interest the yanks. Cheers Trev

Regards

John :slight_smile:

Hi John
No problems with you posting that on Steves Forum. With a bit of luck I will get another episode on it written up today. Yep Graham is still in QT and out at the airport with Air NZ. His missus is living with her daughter and grandies over Waimate somewhere. So I guess he pops over there a bit on his days off. I do know he is pretty busy out at the airport, And his days off are all kinda split up.Not many complete weekends off. This will be his first winter over in QT, that will test him lol.I’m sure he will get back to you. Those new coils sound interesting, the Ruski’s are pretty well up their with their techo stuff. Cheers Trev.

Hi Trev, Just saw your reply. Thanks mate I am sure the yanks will love it. Hope you are keeping well. Awesome gold on the Golden Fleece. Those were the days .Cheers

Regards

No probs John. One of these days I will get to Qtown and it would be great to finally meet you. I used to love reading your gold exploits from the Coromandel.

Cheers Trev

1 Like

Thanks Trev. You are welcome to come stay with us. We have room :slight_smile:

Regards