A morning in the life of a detectorist

Nice one MW. Had’nt read the rest. Well done

32 kids dam that’s some mouths to feed.:smiley:

Got my first GoPro camera today. Pity it’s been in the water for some time.
Also a few rings over the last few days. The little ring in front is silver but .835 instead of the usual .925 . .835 is European apparently.
HH

5 Likes

4 rings before 4am today. One is a nice 9 carat. Plus a couple of musketballs.
Not a bad mornings work. Time for breakfast.

HH

5 Likes

Been away on holiday for the last couple of weeks and she made me leave my toys at home. Kept checking out beaches etc drooling and getting the shakes etc. Only home 8 hours before I hit the water again and just 20 minutes in, out comes this nice 9 carat. More fun than those damn holidays.

HH

6 Likes

:+1:Always lifts the spirits on a hunt when the bar is set high early on. Tempers the disappointment when the following 3Hrs yields nothing but daggy decimals and foil :laughing:

1 Like

I know how you feel a holiday away is not the same when you have to leave your rifle at home and you see goats on the side of the road

2 Likes

Heck it is totally impossible for me to go away without my rifle or detector…it’s as bad as it would be going away without Percy the Trouser Snake!

Hey Lammerlaw - it sounds like you may have a bent barrel and twisted coil there. :rofl:

The barrel is ramrod straight!
As for the coil well as long as I dont Shuffle this mortal coil then no problems!

For the uneducated - The origins of the term 'To shuffle off this mortal coil - that is ‘snuff the candle’, ‘cark it’, ‘drop dead’, ‘kick the bucket’, or to put it into la de da terms, ‘pass over’ or ‘passed’ (FUCK I hate those terms
and when people say “Uncle Herbert (or whoever) passed last night” I generally reply “Do you mean to say that the poor bastard fucken died?”) - From Hamlet’s ‘To be or not to be’ speech in Shakespeare’s Hamlet, 1602:
"What dreames may come, When we haue shufflel’d off this mortall coile, Must giue us pawse.

I was once educated but generally you wouldnt think so!

1 Like

A bit of bling from last couple of hunts. (North Island raid) Not sure about the gold one as I can’t fine 18 carat Kela. Still it chimes in at around 7 grams so may get it tested.
HH

2 Likes

I think if you look on Google you’ll find KELA is an Australian jewelry brand

1 Like

Nice haul there Musket. I would also have some reservations about the gold one as some similar I have seen are actually plated stainless. Maybe file a bit off a small area and acid test.

My thinking also Chris. They seem to do plated and 9 to 14 carat, so i’m thinking plated.
Good sales ploy though. (Aussies aye)

1 Like

I wonder if 18 # actually denoted 18 carat?

I found this online and note that soem of their stuff is VERY expensive - I think you got a great find.

About Kela:
As one of the first e-commerce sites in China, Kela is a pioneer in deploying the O2O or online-to-offline business model in jewellery sales. As it celebrates its 10th year in the jewellery business, Kela continues to grow as a fixture on the e-commerce field, especially when it comes to diamonds, coloured gemstones, precious metals and more. It has been a leading seller of wedding and engagement rings in the Greater China market. This company of 600 employees has reported an annual sales income in 2015 of US$247 million, mainly from its markets in Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou. Customer satisfaction is also close to perfect, registering an impressive 99 percent rating.

Hell these musketballs are hard to stack. Damn thing keep falling off. Think I need a wine.
Got enough to start another one now.

HH

7 Likes

#18 is probably a ring size. 18mm?

You need a brass monkey for that load of balls!
I was rapt when I got my first muskie - They’re just bycatch now and after I ran out of interested people to give them to I leave the buggers in the hole.
I should’ve just started stacking them. :laughing:

That would be dangerous wouldnt it - the odds would be stacked against you achieving that goal! Just as you were putting the last one on there would be a major spill - sort of like me trying to stack cards!

1 Like

You would need a big gun to fire those leadites. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bang on Mudwiggle = size 18.
My muskies come from out in the tide so need to remove as I would be digging them forever. They only come in on certain tides. Strange things these tides.

HH